After obtaining four stars in the QS Stars ranking, the University maintains its position among the top 1000 universities in the QS 2020 ranking
Prof. Dr. Abdel Wahab Ezzat, President of Ain Shams University, announced that the university will retain its rank as one of the top 1,000 universities in the world, according to a report issued by the QS for the classification of universities for the year 2020. In addition to three other Egyptian universities in the list, as well as the American University in Cairo, while the report also revealed that Ain Shams University is still the only Egyptian university that has received the highest rating in the classification of the comprehensive QS Stars of universities, where the University got (four stars) in In 2018.
He explained that maintaining the university as being the highest rated among the Egyptian universities in the classification of QS Stars is a real achievement for the university. It is a comprehensive classification of all aspects and areas of academic, educational, logistical and research universities that are subject to this classification, not only that, but also this classification includes measures of the international reputation of the University around the world.
He added that the criteria of this classification have led the university administration since 2014 to take upon itself the incentive to submit to this classification. This is in the interest of the university administration to effectively evaluate the university without favoritism and identify its strengths and weaknesses.
Ain Shams has been successful in this challenge. The first Egyptian university to undergo this evaluation and get three stars in 2015. Hence the University's insistence on submitting to QS Stars regularly after improving many of the weaknesses shown by the evaluation. The University has crowned its efforts with four stars in 2018.
He confirmed that the report issued by the Organization of the QS for 2020 has shown the following:
• The University ranked, in the field of "academic reputation", +501.
• The university has ranked 348 in the field of (employment reputation).
• The university has ranked +601 in the field of (scientific citations for each college).
• The university has ranked (+601) in the field of (percentage of faculty members to students in faculties).
• The university obtained 544 in the field of (foreign faculty members).
• The university has ranked + 601 in the field of (international students).
In a statement issued by the International Classification Bureau at Ain Shams University, Dr. Ahmed Al-Banna, professor at the Faculty of Dentistry and Director of the Office, said that the University's administration is working in the recent period to improve many of the points covered by evaluation areas in different international classifications rather than a specific classification. The university seeks to improve the actual process of education and research colleges and institutes of the university in the long term, even if the continuous improvement of the university in some cases in a different class.
Al-Banna added that the results of this improvement were clearly reflected in the ranking of the university in the various international classifications. The years 2018 & 2019 witnessed many achievements and progress achieved by the university in the field of international classification, where:
- Ain Shams University ranked 2nd in the Egyptian universities in the SCIMago classification of universities based on the strength of the impact of international research indexed in the famous Scoups database 2019.
- The University ranked 2nd in the Egyptian universities in the Leiden classification of universities based on the strength of the impact of international research indexed in the Web of Science 2019.
- According to the QS of the 2019 scientific fields, the University has advanced ranking in three of the five major fields of assessment (Medical Sciences and Science - Engineering and Technological Sciences - Natural Sciences).